Current Release: simplestego-0.08.tar.gz
- ImageMagick installed and compiled with the option --with-quantum-depth=8
- gcc (program has compiled with versions 4.1.3 and 4.3.2)
Issues you may encounter with Simple Stego
- Black Bar on images with data hidden inside:
- Solution: Recompile ImageMagick with the option "-with-quantum-depth=8"
- Error messages like "libMagick++.so.2: cannot open shared object directories":
- Solution: Run "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib", in which the path is wherever ImageMagick has been installed. If this works, add this line to the config file for your shell.